Friday, November 19, 2010

Gallery: Dark Mark Tattoos

Source: Ohhh Yess.

The Dark Mark. Harry Potter was my first love & my reason for getting so into literature.



I wanted a dark mark tattoo, but I wanted it to look somewhat original, so after talking with my tattoo artist, we came up with this design.
I know it's a nerdy tattoo, but I love it!
This is my first tattoo too, there will be more to come!



My 6th and most recent tattoo; the harry potter dark mark. copied exactly from the book. none of that movie bullshit! those books mean so much to me.

Source: KayGo


This is the dark mark from Harry Potter. I got it in Burlington, VT at Body Art on Main Street by Jesse.

Source: Jedimustafa

This is the “Dark Mark” from the Harry Potter series. I love villains, I love the Harry Potter books, and I love the “Dark Mark” symbol, so I had to get it. For those people who aren’t familiar with Harry Potter, they see a bad ass skull and snake and for those who are, they gasp in excitement. I love my tattoo :)


My take on the dark mark.... got it with my best friend before the forth movie came out, so we didn't know what it was going to look like aside from the description in the books... the DFL stands for "Down For Life" hahaha, best bro-tat EVER!


Source: CosForums

Source: Flickr user A Boy Named Sue

My husband, Chris, and I got Harry Potter tattoos on the same day. I got a Golden Snitch on my thigh which might serve as the basis for a larger Harry Potter piece around it. Chris got a Dark Mark replicated right where it should go: on his left forearm. He claims that it no longer burns, but I’m not so certain. ;)

Source: Flickr user Mustafa Sayed

The "Dark Mark" tattoo I got September of 2007.

After I got my tattoo, the tattoo artist wrapped my arm with saran wrap to soak up the blood. Many hours later, I took off the saran wrap and went to starbucks with my brother and some friends and I remember that they teased me about the whole Harry Potter thing while we were waiting in line to order coffee. The very second it was my turn to order, the cashier gasped and asked, "oh my God, is that the Dark Mark???" We had a quick HP talk and when I was about to pay, she rejected my money and told me it was on the house. When I picked up my coffee, my name on the cup read "voldemort" that the worker had written and my friends stopped teasing after the cute starbucks worker went into awe. :)

2 comments: