Saturday, January 15, 2011

Nightsister Sith Witch


Photographed by Bryan Humphrey



Costume: Nightsister Sith Witch of Dathomir from the Star Wars Universe.

Materials: Anything and everything. And no, those are not real bones I shaped polymer clay into bones, and hand painted each one with various colors and paints to get that juicy bone look. Plaster bandages were used for the base of the headdress, and there is an elastic band attaching the bones that meet near the jaw line so that I can actually open my mouth without breaking it! I didn't actually start building the fabric aspect of the costume until about a year of gathering every type of black material I could collect from remnant bins and various locations of salvage. It is real leather, however, incorporated into the costume. I used various processes to age the fabric. Alpaca hair was used for the headdress hair, as well as synthetic human hair. I also dreaded several strands of alpaca hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment